Transforming Together: Authentic Spiritual Mentoring

Saturday, September 12, 2009

....then they're gone

Saturday morning. Vacuming and dusting the week away.  Nothing very pressing on my mind. Don walked up and quietly said, "William is with the Lord.  He slipped away last night sometime." The blood ran out of my head and I had to sit down. "William?"  I questioned no one.  "Why, he has two little ones; a three and five year old!"  What will Amy do?

There lies the question.  What does the mommy do after the daddy is gone.

Tough. Very tough.  No easy answers here.  No 'kiss it and make it better.'

How do you respond to my  Saturday morning?

Please pause and share.

Here,

Ele

2 Comments:

Blogger Canadianladybug said...

I don't know. But I sure hope that this woman will be supported and loved by family, friends as well as church family. It will be hard for sure.

One thing I wonder sometimes is how I would be able to go on - for the sake of the kids - if my husband (and their father) would die suddenly.

My God wrap her and the kids under his wings and strengthen them and protect them again the storm. May happiness and laughter comes back in that home after the time of mourning has come to pass. May she be able to keep the memory of the dad alive for these young ones.

September 13, 2009 at 5:38 AM  
Blogger Transforming Together said...

Yes, I don't think any of us really know how we would respond to something like this unti it happens to us. How can we? Death, although common, is not natural. Each time it enters our life it jars the eternal part of us. We were not created to die but to live!!

We know the Scriptural teachings on "how to" take care of widows. Again, how well do we actually apply these teachings?

Much to ponder....

Ele

September 13, 2009 at 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home