Transforming Together: Authentic Spiritual Mentoring

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Routine Disrupted

What happens to humans when routine is disrupted? Depends, doesn't it? We experienced our national routine being disrupted on 9-11-01.  We know what that was like: We're still living with the residue of that particular 'disruption.' For example, air travel will never be the "Come Fly the Friendly Skies" again: Routine Disrupted causes change.


Nations handle 'routine disrupted' in one manner.  Individuals cope with 'routine disrupted' in various ways: Confusion, complaining, depression, frustration, withdrawal or digging-in, flexing, re-grouping...depending on the human.


The Living Word of God offers us another perspective, God's perspective. 


  Ephesians 2:10 says it like this, "You (Christ-follower) are God's Masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which He has prepared, in advance, for you to do."


A couple things:


1. We are highly valued by God.  WE are HIS Masterpiece! Wow! If we only believed this....


2. We are created.  We're not from pus on the tip of slim from some pre-historic pond. We're hand-crafted by the GodHead!!! Another WOW!


3. We are created in Christ Jesus to do good works! We have purpose beyond ourselves...HIS purpose! (Third WOW!)


4. GOD, has PREPARED, IN ADVANCE, these good works for us to do!!  Ahhh...there's the rub!! You see, GOD has NO 'routine disrupted' as HE IS THE AUTHOR OF BOTH 'ROUTINE' AS WELL AS 'DISRUPTION'!  The kicker? To God, THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME!!


How do you respond to this? How does this Truth transform your Reality...or does it?


Would love to interact on this one!!


"Routining' in HIS 'disruption',
Ele

3 Comments:

Blogger Transforming Together said...

You're invited to post your comments here as well as on FB. That way more can benefit from what you post. Thanks so much!!

September 11, 2011 at 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Tracy said...

I have a dream. I believe it is given by God. I think I know that way I should go to see this dream come to fruition. God 'changes' my plans and I can either whine or worship. I chose to worship; to live in gratitude but it is not an easy choice. I do not like setbacks or road blocks.Yet I KNOW that they are set up by GOD so that I am kept from running in my own way. My way, which would only lead to death by and by. It must be HIS WAY. My spirit is willing, but alas, my flesh is weak.

November 1, 2011 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger Transforming Together said...

The Living Word encourages us to see "setbacks" and "roadblocks" as "one and the same" w/what humans see as "clear sailing" from Him. Remember, God is not trying to trick us, to frustrate us, to discourage us; His objective for humans is that we become more like Jesus! So, our response to Him is not "Why this, Lord?" but "How can I best partner w/Who You are Being in my life in this situation?" The more we do that, the more we are free to see life from God's perspective....and the more we become like Jesus!! WoW!!

November 11, 2011 at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home