Transforming Together: Authentic Spiritual Mentoring

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Good Intentions or the Right Remedy?

Trying.  Trying hard. Going without. Being kind. Giving. Coaching your kiddo's team.


Good intentions. 


 In fact, great intentions!  Stepping out of yourself, reaching out to others.
Needful. Helpful. Wonderful. 
However, in the spiritual world, one must be prepared, equipped, readied by a Qualified Source.
Good intentions have no place in this realm.


The Living Word states it like this:
"There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in death."  Proverbs 14:12


The concept that something "right" ending in death is a tough one for humans to grasp when it comes to spiritual life.  
"Isn't that mean of God?"  
"Why would God judge someone's good intents?"
  "How close-minded and small!"


Well,  is it?


Let's take that "small and close-minded" principle to our good intentions and apply it to another dimension of life, shall we?


Let's say I'm a mom (which I am!)  
I love my kids (which I do!)
They have a disease that is common but there is only ONE REMEDY that cures this particular disease.
Let's say I want to cure my kiddos by giving them the very best homemade chicken soup.
I give it to them and ........ they are still sick.
So, I try something else, because I love my kids.
I take them to the park, every day, and push them on the swings, help them run in the fields, catch them as they come down the slide....and they get no better.


So, what's wrong?  My intentions?  No!  They are great!  Good motives, consistent follow-through.....
BUT THE WRONG REMEDY!  
SOMETHING ELSE, PROVIDED BY AN EXPERT, IS NEEDED.
My intentions can support the remedy, but CANNOT REPLACE the remedy.


So, the spiritual application is there for us, isn't it?
We have life.
It has a terminal disease, sin.
We love life and try, with good intentions, to cure the disease.
But, my friend, WE CANNOT.
ONLY THE EXPERT CAN PROVIDE THE RIGHT REMEDY!!
JESUS is that "Expert."  HE PROVIDED THE REMEDY for EACH, for ALL of us!!


May EACH OF US, PURPOSEFULLY, TAKE THE REMEDY PROVIDED FOR US BY JESUS.


Our good intentions just won't cure the disease of sin that we are ALL inflicted with.
JESUS IS THE ONLY REMEDY!




In His Cure,
  Ele

2 Comments:

Blogger GLENDA CHILDERS said...

On this Easter Sunday evening, I rejoice in THE REMEDY, Jesus Christ!

April 4, 2010 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger Transforming Together said...

AMEN!!! to that!! :) HE IS RISEN, INDEED!!

April 5, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home