Transforming Together: Authentic Spiritual Mentoring

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Intimidating or Inviting?




It has happened to all of us at one time or other:

Someone enters the room and we instantly are drawn to that person or somehow dislike them, right?

They are either intimidating or inviting.

What makes the difference?

Good question!

We see in Jesus' life that He comes "in HIS FATHER'S NAME."   He "enters the room" to please

His Father, NOT those "in the room."  Actually Jesus even says, "Your approval MEANS NOTHING

to me!" speaking of the religious leaders of His time.

So, what do WE glean from this insight into Jesus?

1. Human approval means nothing to Him

2. He enter's in His Father's name

3. He makes "every effort" to please God.

Now: What about us; you and me?

Perhaps we need to rethink our relationships/friendships.

 Are we needing/desiring approval from others or do we enter another's life with the thought of

making every effort to please God in the friendship?  Do we enter in HIS name, for HIS glory? Do

we make "every effort" to please God in the friendship?  Can we say with John the Baptist, "HE must

increase; I MUST decrease?"

The more we enter and interact in other's lives IN HIS NAME, the more the 'spotlight' is on HIM....

less on us.

Now THAT'S inviting, not intimidating!!  John 5:41-44

With an open invite,

Ele

2 Comments:

Blogger GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I had to laugh at myself when I read this, Ele. I rarely find myself feeling intimidated. So for me it is "Irritating or Inviting?" YIKES

March 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Transforming Together said...

What a gift of strong self-esteem you must have, Glenda! That rocks!! I like the fact that you adjusted the "other" to be Irritating! The principle still applies! Thanks for your perspective! I'm sure there are many others who will identify w/ what you said!! Love to you.

March 2, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home