Transforming Together: Authentic Spiritual Mentoring

Friday, March 5, 2010

Common but not Natural

Death.  The process of the soul leaving the body.
Not a comfortable subject, is it?
Death reminds us that this part of life is temporary.

When a Loved Ones dies it rocks our world, doesn't it?
I remember when I received the news that my dad had died.
I collapsed to the ground, my strength leaving my body as the words entered my heart.
"NO! NOT MY DAD!" my soul, my spirit, my being cried out!
The realization that he was beyond my reach was overwhelming, suffocating....
My world had completely changed in that moment.

Death is our enemy, the Living Word reminds us.
To bury our Loved Ones 'stings', the Living Word says.

This is true.

We know, in our heads, that "someday" EVERYONE dies...
EACH OF US will have a "someday"......
"But, please, NOT TODAY!"  we cautiously whisper......

You see, death is common, BUT IT IS NOT NATURAL!!!

We were created to LIVE, NOT to die!
That's why Jesus' sacrifice is SO COMPLETE!!!

HE knows!  HE cares!  HE understands!  and HE IS ALL-POWERFUL to un-do the
eternal consequences of Death!!!

So, we grieve at the passing of our Loved Ones, oh yes, we grieve.
BUT NOT AT THOSE WHO HAVE NO HOPE!!
Following Jesus GIVES US HOPE THAT WE WILL SEE ONE ANOTHER AGAIN!!

Death has no victory!
The grace has no sting!

How come?  JESUS has OVERCOME!!

So, my friend, ENJOY YOUR LIFE here on earth!
Reach out and embrace each day as the Gift that it is.
Some of us have Life-Gifts that are well into the '90s....
Other of us have Life-Gifts that are in the '70s....
Still others of us receive a Life-Gift of a day or two, perhaps a month.....just under a year.....

Is God mean? Uncaring? Not involved?  NO!
EACH DAY is something more than we deserve!!
ANY DAY is a Gift from Him!!
So, may we MAXIMIZE THIS DAY for Him!
May we be full of thanks for TODAY, for THIS DAY.....

Living, today, in HIS TRUTH for HIS GLORY,
            Ele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home