Transforming Together: Authentic Spiritual Mentoring

Monday, December 19, 2011

"Is there room...."

"It's Christmas time....."


          Christmas.  CHRIST-mas.  A purposed time of remembering, honoring, celebrating....


My heart and mind are a bit sad right now, friends. How come? Well, I guess I'm missing celebrating Jesus' birth with other believers a bit. Oh, at home we celebrate! The nativity is front and center on our lawn, under the tree, on the table as well as in our hearts.  Carols softly fill the air with bells and chimes. The angel at the top of our twinkling tree keeps silent vigil....


"So," you may ask, "what's the problem?"  Good question.  Allow me to share.  Sharing, not critiquing....




Don and I went this weekend to meet with other believers.  Instead of lifting our voices in hearty praise and joy for the birth of our King with other like-hearted worshippers, we were reduced to observers, reluctant spectators, listening to one voice lustfully sing unknown lyrics to unfamiliar tunes. Since that means of expression was removed from us, my eyes searched for visual interaction with which to 'come and worship.' Instead of joining shepherds at a lowly manger where mother and child would be seen, there was an artsy-stark-white tree and a few oversized ornaments.  No baby.  No star. No wonder. No awe.




"Don't let the world around you squeeze you into it's mold, but be new and different." Romans 12:1,2


My heart, heavy, is still asking the question, "Whom is influencing who?" 


I invite you to join me in the authentic Christ-mas: Cold-Barn-Birth-Shepherds-Angels-Glory-Radiance-Terrified-Reassurance-Jesus-Joy-Ponder-Treasure


"There is room in my heart Lord Jesus"........


Bending the knee only to Jesus,


Ele



3 Comments:

Anonymous Tracy said...

I hear your heart in this post Ele, for it is the same beat from my own heart. Where is Christ in all that is going on today? Modern-day Christians talk about faith but I see so little of the fruits of it, especially during this time of year.

December 20, 2011 at 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Scarlet said...

I just got a chance to read this, and I hear your heart loud and clear as well... It is the same heaviness on our hearts...

December 31, 2011 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger Transforming Together said...

Friends, perhaps it's time...past-time to stand up and allow our voices to be heard......'as for me and my house....." What say ye?
Ele

December 31, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home